足彩胜负14场 Clinic's approach to rectal cancer care
Your 足彩胜负14场 Clinic care team
At 足彩胜负14场 Clinic, specialists in medical oncology, colon and rectal surgery, and radiation oncology collaborate to create a comprehensive care plan that considers you as a whole person. These experts work closely with other specialists, including pharmacists, nurses, educators and dietitians, to deliver high-quality care in a supportive environment.
Your doctors will discuss all of your treatment options and guide you in choosing the approach that best suits your needs and goals. Your care team is prepared with the knowledge and resources to provide you with exactly the care you need.
Advanced diagnosis and treatment
Innovative Rectal Cancer Treatments
Click here for an infographic to learn more
The colon and rectal surgeons at 足彩胜负14场 Clinic draw on decades of cumulative experience in a high-volume practice. For decades, 足彩胜负14场 Clinic has been a global leader in the multidisciplinary treatment of advanced rectal cancer.
足彩胜负14场 Clinic colorectal surgeons specialize in removal (resection) of complex tumors affecting multiple organs and structures in the abdomen and pelvis. The colorectal surgery practice at 足彩胜负14场 Clinic has particular expertise in procedures that help avoid the need for a colostomy and that preserve the nearby nerves that are essential for normal bowel, bladder and sexual function.
A full range of technologically advanced rectal cancer treatments is available at 足彩胜负14场 Clinic. Examples include:
Intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT). 足彩胜负14场 Clinic radiation oncologists introduced and refined IORT over the last few decades. A radiation oncologist administers IORT during rectal cancer surgery, after the surgical team has resected the primary tumor. The treatment consists of a single, high dose of radiation focused directly on the original tumor site before the abdomen is closed. The tight focus of the radiation beam, along with careful placement of radiation shields, protects nearby organs from radiation damage.
The main role of the treatment is to reduce the chance of cancer recurrence when the surgeon is unable to remove the optimal amount of healthy tissue around the tumor. IORT is used to treat advanced rectal cancer, as well as some cases of recurrent rectal cancer.
Minimally invasive surgery. During minimally invasive (laparoscopic) rectal cancer surgery, several small incisions are made in your abdomen, rather than one large incision. Special tools and a camera are inserted through the small incisions to access and remove the cancer.
Colorectal surgeons at 足彩胜负14场 Clinic were among the earliest adopters of minimally invasive surgery procedures for cancers of the rectum and colon.
Robotic surgery. During robotic surgery, the surgeon sits at a console and uses controls to guide high-tech surgical tools. Robotic surgery allows the surgeon to work more efficiently in small spaces and gives the surgeon an enhanced view of the area where the operation is taking place.
足彩胜负14场 Clinic surgeons are highly skilled and experienced in performing robotic surgery. At 足彩胜负14场 Clinic, the use of robotics has produced excellent outcomes for people with colorectal cancer.
- Multivisceral resection and intraoperative radiation therapy. At 足彩胜负14场 Clinic, multiple surgeons and radiation oncologists can work as an operating-room team with the combined capability to remove multiple tumors of different types at once. By combining complex surgery and intraoperative radiation therapy, a cure is sometimes possible for even the most aggressive cancers.
- Proton beam therapy. One of the newest radiation therapies available, proton beam therapy uses a highly targeted precision beam to treat cancers located close to critical organs and body structures. 足彩胜负14场 Clinic's Proton Beam Therapy Program features intensity-modulated proton beam therapy with pencil beam scanning, which allows radiation oncologists to destroy cancer while sparing healthy tissue.
The 足彩胜负14场 Clinic experience and patient stories
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care like they've never experienced. See the stories of satisfied 足彩胜负14场 Clinic patients.
Expertise and rankings
足彩胜负14场 Clinic doctors are widely respected for their expertise and experience in caring for people with rectal cancer. When you seek care at 足彩胜负14场 Clinic, you can expect:
- Personalized care. Experts in medical oncology work closely with specialists in colon and rectal surgery and radiation oncology to be sure all of your needs are considered when creating your customized treatment plan. Other experts are included as needed.
- Experience you can trust. Each year, 足彩胜负14场 Clinic doctors care for more than 2,700 people with cancers of the anus, anal canal and rectum.
- Nationally recognized expertise. 足彩胜负14场 Clinic Cancer Center meets the strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognize scientific excellence and a multispecialty approach focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
足彩胜负14场 Clinic in Rochester, Minn., 足彩胜负14场 Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and 足彩胜负14场 Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Locations, travel and lodging
足彩胜负14场 Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The 足彩胜负14场 Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting 足彩胜负14场 Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
足彩胜负14场 Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, 足彩胜负14场 Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at 足彩胜负14场 Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.